The National Union of Public Service and Allied workers (NUPSAW) is a union established in August 1998 in terms of the Labor Relations Act, 1995. Our scope of operation is in both the Public Service and
Private Sector in the entire RSA with our Head Office situated at SUCCESS MATAITSANE House,
17 Iris Street, Heatherdale, Akasia Pretoria, 0182. NUPSAW is admitted to the Public Service Coordinating Bargaining Council (PSCBC) and to major sectoral bargaining councils in the Public Service.
Our primary objective is to promote and protect the interest of our members, i.e. Workers First.
LABOUR RELATIONS OFFICER
At Head Office in Pretoria
SALARY: R305,730.24 p/a plus Car allowance, housing allowance, 13th Cheque voluntary medical aid, compulsory pension fund scheme
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To render effective and efficient administration in dispute resolution matters
KEY RESULT AREAS
• Manage the Case Management systems
• Process referrals, reviews, appeals and enforcement of awards
• Ensure that procedural requirements and deadlines are adhered to
• Deal with complex disciplinary proceedings referred by provinces
• Give guidance and assistance to Dispute Resolution staff in the provinces
• Handle Labour court applications and proceedings
• Be able to draft charge sheets, prepare witnesses and represent the Employer in disciplinary and/or grievance hearings including CCMA cases.
• Represent NUPSAW as the employer in Internal disciplinary hearings and incapacity hearings
• Advice management in the development, application and interpretation of labour relations policies, procedures and practice’s
• Advice the Union on the legality of marches and gatherings in terms of the Gathering Act and time off for shop stewards in terms of the Organizational rights agreement
• Research relevant Case law, liaise with Labour Experts and compile Case reports in preparation of disputes
• Identify labour relations training needs for Managers, Supervisors and Employees
INHERENT REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB
• Three-year National Diploma (NQF 6) / Degree (NQF 7) in / Labour Law / Labour
Relations as recognized by SAQA, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in Labour Relations or Labour Law
• Computer literate in MS Office
• Knowledge of Labor Relations legislation
• Knowledge and experience in negotiation and dispute resolution mechanisms
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Effective verbal and listening communications skills
• Report writing skills
• Analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Decision-making skills.
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
• Effective organizational skills.
• Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
• Be honest and trustworthy.
• Be respectful towards organizational structures and leadership.
• Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
• Demonstrate sound work ethics.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE MUST
– Keep abreast of latest Labour Relations Developments.
– Be in possession of a valid driver’s license
– Be in possession of a roadworthy vehicle
Directions to Candidates:
Applicants should forward a letter of application, latest comprehensive CV and certified copies of qualifications and ID document to:
The General Secretary, National Union of Public Service and Allied Workers (NUPSAW), :
email@example.com, or fax same to 086 667 8362
Applicants please note:
• NUPSAW reserves the right not to make the appointment.
• The interview process is guided by the principles and objectives of Employment Equity legislation.
• Only shortlisted candidates shall be invited for an interview.
• If you are not contacted within fourteen (14) days of the closing date, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.
• NUPSAW will do criminal record and credit record checks before appointment.
Deadline for applications: 24 February 2022