The National Union of Public Service and Allied workers (NUPSAW) is a union established in August 1998 in terms of the Labor Relations Act, 1995. Our scope of operation is in both the Public Service and Private Sector in the entire RSA with our Head Offi ce situated at SUCCESS MATAITSANE House, 17 Iris Street, Heatherdale, Akasia Pretoria, 0182. NUPSAW is admitted to the Public Service Coordinating Bargaining Council (PSCBC) and to major sectoral bargaining councils in the Public Service. Our primary objective is to promote and protect the interest of our members, i.e. Workers First.
At Head Offi ce in Pretoria
SALARY: R96 444 P/A plus housing allowance,
13th cheque, voluntary medical aid, and compulsory pension fund scheme
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Provide general maintenance to Union premises and equipment and drive the Union’s campaigns truck
KEY RESULT AREAS
• Regularly perform maintenance, and cleaning of both internal and external areas of the building and premises • Perform the following
maintenance on premises and buildings: minor painting, electrical repairs, plumbing and carpentry as when required. • Get quotations for
various offi ce needs. • Perform messenger duties as instructed by the National Offi ce Manager or any other senior person on duty • Report
faulty or broken equipment immediately • Receive, count, and pack stock from suppliers.
• Drive the Union Truck as per the instruction from the National Organiser or any other senior person on duty • Operate the Union’s public
address system • Oversee the safe loading and unloading of The Union equipment • Take full responsibility for the truck and and equipment
• Report any accidents, violations, or defects on the truck.
INHERENT REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB
• Ability to read, write and communicate • Technical ability to do basic maintenance work
• Experience in driving a Code 10 truck
• Be honest and trustworthy • Be respectful towards organizational structures and leadership • Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
• Demonstrate sound work ethics.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE MUST
– Have a Code 10 driver’s license and PDP
– Be available on short notice
Directions to Candidates:
Applicants should forward a letter of application, latest comprehensive CV and certifi ed copies of qualifi cations, driver’s license, PDP, and ID
The General Secretary, National Union of Public Service and Allied Workers (NUPSAW),: firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax same to 086
Applicants please note:
• NUPSAW reserves the right not to make the appointment.
• The interview process is guided by the principles and objectives of Employment Equity legislation.
• This is an itinerant post and the successful applicant will be expected to travel and sleep out from time to time.
• A Six (06) month probationary period will apply.
• Only shortlisted candidates shall be invited for an interview.
• If you are not contacted within fourteen (14) days of the closing date, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.
• NUPSAW will do criminal record checks before appointment.
Deadline for applications: 19 April 2022 | Affiliated to SAFTU