HUMAN RESOURCES ADMINISTRATOR
(Fixed Term Contract) 01 Oct 2022 to 31 May 2023
At Head Office
Basic Salary: R14,011.99 Plus housing allowance.
MAIN PURPOSE OF POSITION:
• The purpose of the job is to provide administration support to recruitment, selection, and
• The incumbent will be an Administrator with focus on recruitment and will be responsible for
a wide variety of administrative tasks which includes, but is not limited to the following:
KEY RESULTS AREAS
1. Attend to all Human Resource Employment Practices
• Receive the requests for the filling of vacant post, confirm availability of post and prepare a
submission to the National Office Manager/ General Secretary.
• Advertising of posts after receiving an approval.
• Ensure that the Panel is appointed and approved.
• Prepare application documents for submission to the Recruitment Panel.
• Prepare all the relevant documents for the recruitment process.
• Take minutes during shortlisting and interviews
• Prepare submission for appointment for the approval by the General Secretary.
• Draw up and review employee contracts in line with current requirements
2. Attend to all Human Resource Development systems: –
• Ensure that job descriptions, performance agreements, key result areas of employees are
in line with current Union requirements.
• Remind the Provinces and Offices about the submission dates.
• Co-ordinate the dates of the PMDS to sit and consider reports.
• Take minutes at the PMDS committee meetings.
3. Attend to all Human Resource Conditions of service
• Prepare employee files for new staff and filing of employee related documents.
• Prepare employee information and policy packages for new staff
• Biometric attendance registers
• Management of leave records
• Management of payroll
• Prepare monthly payroll statutory deductions and submit to relevant stakeholders.
• Prepare payments of allowances and submit to Finance.
• Prepare salary deductions and submit to Finance.
• Prepare and submit termination of service documents.
• Prepare Payments of medical Aid to service provider
• Injury on Duty (Submitting of claims to COIDA)
• Prepare UIF documents
• Submit Monthly HR reports to Management.
4. Provide technical HR advice to all staff members.
5. Produce reports on telephone management
6. Any other allocated duties as may be assigned by a delegated /senior official.
INHERENT REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
➢ Computer literate in MS Office
➢ Knowledge of Human Resources legislation
➢ Knowledge of Payroll is a must have and non-negotiable, if you do not have payroll
experience, please note that your application will not be considered.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Effective verbal and listening communications skills.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Decision-making skills.
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
• Effective organizational skills.
– Be honest and trustworthy.
– Be respectful towards organizational structures and leadership.
– Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
– Demonstrate sound work ethics.
The incumbent would normally have attained the required knowledge and skills through
completion of a Diploma or Certification in Human Resources Administration or Similar
combined with appropriate experience. Equivalencies will be considered.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE MUST
– Keep abreast of latest Labour Relations Developments.
– Be available on a short notice
Directions to Candidates:
Applicants should forward a letter of application, latest comprehensive CV and certified copies
of qualifications and ID document to:
The General Secretary, National Union of Public Service and Allied Workers (NUPSAW),
firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax same to 086 667 8362
Applicants please note:
• NUPSAW reserves the right not to make the appointment.
• The interview process is guided by the principles and objectives of Employment Equity
• Only shortlisted candidates shall be invited for an interview.
• If you are not contacted within fourteen (14) days of the closing date, kindly consider
your application to be unsuccessful.
• NUPSAW will do criminal record and credit record checks before appointment.
Deadline for applications: 19 September 2022