The National Union of Public Service and Allied workers (NUPSAW) is a union established in August 1998 in terms of the Labor Relations Act, 1995. Our scope of operation is in both the Public Service and Private Sector in the entire RSA with our Head Office situated at Success Mataitsane House, 17 Iris street, Heatherdale, Akasia, Pretoria, 0182.
NUPSAW is admitted to the Public Service Coordinating Bargaining Council (PSCBC) and to major sectoral bargaining councils in the Public Service.
Our primary objective is to promote and protect the interest of our members, i.e. Workers First.
2X Field Worker (12 months Fixed term contract)
At Gauteng Provincial Office in Tshwane
SALARY: R60 000 per annum
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Recruitment of new members
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Recruit new members to join the Union
- Visit and service members from time to time
- Note disputes and general complaints by members and refer to the Provincial Office Manager
- Report regularly to the Provincial Office Manager to give feedback on activities.
- Compile accurate reports on recruitment and meetings of the Union.
INHERENT REQUIREMENT OF THE JOB
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in:
– Computer literate in MS Office.
– Knowledge of Labor Relations legislation.
– Excellent interpersonal skills.
– Effective verbal and listening communications skills.
– Be honest and trustworthy.
– Be respectful towards organizational structures and leadership.
– Demonstrate sound work ethics.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE MUST
– Be available at short notice.
Applicants can email a letter of application, latest comprehensive CV and certified copies of
qualifications and ID document to: The General Secretary, National Union of Public Service and Allied Workers (NUPSAW): email@example.com, or fax same to 086 667 8362
Deadline for application: 4 April 2023
Applicants please note:
- NUPSAW reserves the right not to make the appointment.
- The interview process is guided by the principles and objectives of Employment Equity legislation.
- A Six month probationary period will apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be invited for an interview.
- If you are not contacted within thirty (30) days after the closing date, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.
- NUPSAW will do criminal record and credit record checks before appointment.