The National Union of Public Service and Allied workers (NUPSAW) is a union established in August 1998 in terms of the Labor Relations Act, 1995. Our scope of operation is in both the Public Service and Private Sector in the entire RSA with our Head Office situated at SUCCESS MATAITSANE House, 17 Iris Street, Heatherdale, Akasia Pretoria, 0182. NUPSAW is admitted to the Public Service Coordinating Bargaining Council (PSCBC) and to major sectoral bargaining councils in the Public Service. Our primary objective is to promote and protect the interest of our members, i.e. Workers First.
SENIOR ORGANISER – DISPUTE RESOLUTION (12 Months Fixed Term Contract)
At KWAZULU NATAL PROVINCIAL OFFICE (Durban)
SALARY: R260 759.04 P/A, Union Vehicle and Housing allowance
MAIN PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To provide advice and render support services to NUPSAW with regards to disputes, misconduct, and grievances.
KEY RESULT AREAS
• To attend and co-ordinate individual members and collective disputes in terms of conciliation/arbitration processes and Labor Court proceedings.
• Analyses collective bargaining agreements to develop interpretations of intent, spirit and terms of contract.
• Liaise with bargaining council shop-stewards and other stakeholders at all levels (when necessary).
• Advice management and Union officials in development, application and interpretation of labor relations policies, procedures and practices.
• Advice the Union with the legality of marches (strike management) and gatherings in terms of the Gathering Act and time-offs of union shops-stewards in terms of organizational rights agreement.
• Deal with complex disciplinary proceedings as directed by the province.
• Process applications, referrals, reviews and appeals etc. and including enforcement of awards.
• Assist other Organisers in dispute resolution
• Capture and update cases on the Case Management System
INHERENT REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB
• Degree or Diploma or Certification in Labor relations or Similar combined with 2 to 5 years appropriate experience, Equivalencies will be considered.
• Knowledge and demonstrated interest in Trade Union movement, Bargaining Councils and dispute resolution bodies including CCMA.
• Knowledge and understanding of relevant Labour Legislation and the application of case law.
• Knowledge of collective agreements.
• Strong organising skills.
• Knowledge and experience in Trade Unions.
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Ability to cope with a demanding workload.
• Flexibility to travel and work irregular and unfixed hours.
• High level written and verbal communication skills.
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
• Ability to multitask, plan and prioritize effectively.
• Ability to manage time and resources effectively.
• Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
• Conflict resolution skills
• Computer literate with report writing skills.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE MUST
– Keep abreast of latest Labour Relations Developments.
– Be available on a short notice
– Females are also encouraged to apply
– Be in possession of a valid driver’s license.
Directions to Candidates:
Applicants should forward a letter of application, latest comprehensive CV and certified copies of qualifications, ID document and driver’s license to: The General Secretary, National Union of Public Service and Allied Workers (NUPSAW), Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax same to 086 667 8362
Applicants please note:
• NUPSAW reserves the right not to make the appointment.
• The interview process is guided by the principles and objectives of Employment Equity legislation.
• Only shortlisted candidates shall be invited for an interview.
• If you are not contacted within thirty (30) days of the closing date, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.
• NUPSAW will do criminal record and credit record checks before appointment.
Deadline for applications: 11 August 2023