The National Union of Public Service and Allied workers (NUPSAW) is a union established in August 1998 in terms of the Labor Relations Act, 1995. Our scope of operation is in both the Public Service and Private Sector in the entire RSA with our Head Office situated at SUCCESS MATAITSANE House, 17 Iris Street, Heatherdale, Akasia Pretoria, 0182. NUPSAW is admitted to the Public Service Coordinating Bargaining Council (PSCBC) and to major sectoral bargaining councils in the Public Service. Our primary objective is to promote and protect the interest of our members, i.e. Workers First.
FIELD WORKER (12 Months Fixed Term Contract) At GAUTENG REGIONAL OFFICE (Johannesburg)
SALARY: R60,000.00 P/A.
MAIN PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To recruitment new members.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
• Recruit new members to join the Union.
• Visit and service members from time to time.
• Note disputes and general complaints by members and refer to the Provincial Office Manager
• Report regularly to the Provincial Office Manager to give feedback on activities.
• Compile accurate reports on recruitment and meetings of the Union.
INHERENT REQUIREMENT OF THE JOB:
Grade 12, or equivalent qualifications in Labour Relations.
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in:
– Computer literate in MS Office.
– Knowledge of Labor Relations legislation.
– Excellent interpersonal skills.
– Effective verbal and listening communications skills.
– Be honest and trustworthy.
– Be respectful towards organizational structures and leadership.
– Demonstrate sound work ethics.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE MUST
– Be available at a short notice.
Directions to Candidates:
Applicants should forward a letter of application, latest comprehensive CV and certified copies of qualifications, ID document to:
The General Secretary, National Union of Public Service and Allied Workers (NUPSAW), Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax same to 086 667 8362
Applicants please note:
• NUPSAW reserves the right not to make the appointment.
• The interview process is guided by the principles and objectives of Employment Equity legislation.
• Only shortlisted candidates shall be invited for an interview.
• Females are also encouraged to apply.
• If you are not contacted within thirty (30) days of the closing date, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.
• NUPSAW will do criminal record and credit record checks before appointment.
Deadline for applications: 23 August 2023