The National Union of Public Service and Allied workers (NUPSAW) is a union established in August 1998 in terms of the Labor Relations Act, 1995. Our scope of operation is in both the Public Service and Private Sector in the entire RSA with our Head Office situated at SUCCESS MATAITSANE House, 17 Iris Street, Heatherdale, Akasia Pretoria, 0182. NUPSAW is admitted to the Public Service Coordinating Bargaining Council (PSCBC) and to major sectoral bargaining councils in the Public Service. Our primary objective is to promote and protect the interest of our members, i.e. Workers First.
VACANCY PROVINCIAL ORGANISER (12 Months Fixed Term Contract) At KWAZULU NATAL PROVINCIAL OFFICE
SALARY: R211,217.04 P/A, Union Vehicle and Housing allowance
MAIN PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To recruit, organize and provide an effective service to members on all Labour related matters.
KEY RESULTS AREAS
• Recruitment of new members.
• Marketing of the Union to potential members both individually and in institutions.
• Servicing of existing members and advising them of their rights in terms of the relevant pieces of labour legislations.
• Set up and running of recruitment campaigns in the province.
• Representing and assisting members in terms of grievances, unfair labour practices and unfair dismissal disputes.
• Capture cases on Case Management system.
• Establishing and maintaining of worker structures in branches and institutions
• Addressing individual and collective rights and interests of members
• Compiling accurate reports on recruitment, cases, and meetings of the Union
• Addressing individual and collective rights and interest issues for members.
• Administrative and professional support to the electorate structures of the union.
INHERENT REQUIREMENTS OF THE JOB
• Three-year National Diploma (NQF 6) in Labour Relations, or equivalent qualification with a minimum of 2 to 3 years’ experience in Labour Relations or Labour Law.
• Knowledge and demonstrated interest in Trade Union movement, Bargaining Councils and dispute resolution bodies including CCMA.
• Knowledge and understanding of relevant Labour Legislation and the application of case law.
• Knowledge of collective agreements.
• Strong organising skills.
• Knowledge and experience in Trade Unions.
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Ability to cope with a demanding workload.
• Flexibility to travel and work irregular and unfixed hours.
• High level written and verbal communication skills.
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
• Ability to multitask, plan and prioritize effectively.
• Ability to manage time and resources effectively.
• Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
• Conflict resolution skills
• Computer literate with report writing skills.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE MUST
– Keep abreast of latest Labour Relations Developments.
– Be available on a short notice
– Females are also encouraged to apply
– Be in possession of a valid driver’s license.
Directions to Candidates:
Applicants should forward a letter of application, latest comprehensive CV and certified copies of qualifications, ID document and drivers licence to: The General Secretary, National Union of Public Service and Allied Workers (NUPSAW),: firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax same to 086 667 8362
Applicants please note:
• NUPSAW reserves the right not to make the appointment.
• The interview process is guided by the principles and objectives of Employment Equity legislation.
• A Six (06) month probationary period will apply.
• Only shortlisted candidates shall be invited for an interview.
• If you are not contacted within thirty (30) days of the closing date, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.
• NUPSAW will do criminal record and credit record checks before appointment.
Deadline for applications: 21 September 2023