NUPSAW is a union established in August 1998 in terms of the Labour Relations Act, 1995. Our scope of operation is in both the Public Service and Private Sector in the entire RSA, with our Head Office situated at Success Mataitsane House, 17 Iris street, Heatherdale, Akasia , Pretoria 0182.
NUPSAW is admitted to the PSCBC and to major sectoral Bargaining Councils in the Public Service.
Our primary objective is to promote and protect the interest of our members, i.e. Workers First.
FINANCE INTERN At NUPSAW Head Office, Pretoria.
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP
The incumbent will provide financial support through performing accounting and administrative work. The Internship is for 12 months. The Intern will receive a monthly stipend of R6 500 which will be paid by the ETDP-SETA
• Ensure proper control and recording of all financial information in terms of the financial policy and procedures.
• Maintain all books of accounts in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
• Do the Cashbook and Generate financial reports
• Do monthly bank reconciliations
• Update and maintenance of the asset register
• Store back-ups on the server
• Assist prepare for year-end audits
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance (This requirement is a must)
• The applicant should be below the age of 35 (This requirement is a must)
• Good understanding and ability to implement accounting principles
• Ability to function under pressure
• Attention to detail and record keeping skills
• Good time management and planning skills
• Sound work ethic and interpersonal skills
Applicants can forward a letter of application, latest comprehensive CV and certified copies of their qualifications and ID document to: The General Secretary, National Union of Public Service and Allied Workers (NUPSAW) to email@example.com or fax same to 0866678362
Deadline for submission: 11 November 2021
Applicants please note:
• NUPSAW reserves the right not to make the appointment.
• The interview process is guided by the principles and objectives of Employment Equity legislation.
• Only shortlisted candidates shall be invited for an interview.
• Shortlisted candidates shall be subjected to a competency/skills assessment; If you are not contacted within fourteen (14) days of the closing date, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.